Monday, March 23, 2009

Me Talking About Nothing.

I have this annoying mini-cold - not enough snot to actually let me blow my nose but just enough to make me sound like a hippo in distress when I try breathing through my nose. Augh.

I have to have a blood test. This is on account of how my hair's falling in cartloads and my mother said maybe I should get my thyroid checked, although I don't really think that's going to help anything. :(. So I'm writing this on an empty stomach. *rumble*.

The only consolation is that I get to have a Barista chicken sandwich that my mum saved for me when everyone went out yesterday (I couldn't as I was supposed to study... which I didn't), after the blood test.

The chicken sandwich is green. Blech. When I saw it I thought it had fungus growing on it but then no, I guess that's just style. Or pudina. =
----------------------------------------------------------
Okay, I wrote that 3 days earlier. I had to go then because the phlebotomist arrived. Just in case you're wondering, I am totally cool with blood. Okay you probably weren't wondering but I wanted to show off anyway :P. When I had dengue fever (pronounced deng-i by the way), I had to have like two needles stuck into my arm a day or something. Not to mention a totally cool IV drip for a week or so. I even took a picture of my swollen hand (on account of the fluids being pumped into me) with the IV drip, but that was on my mom's phone, and she's lost the USB cable that lets me transfer photos, so you guys will just not be able to see it. Tcha.

Oh, also in case you're wondering, there wasn't anything wrong with the thyroid. I'm just destined to go bald by the time I'm 20 or something. :'(. Lucky I had really thick hair till I was 12 or something, because otherwise I'd already be bald. My mum says it's the after-effects of the dengue, but I don't think so. But after the dengue it's certainly gotten worse. *Sigh*.

The mini-cold is still around, not escalating into a full-blown cold or just disappearing altogether. Have I mentioned that it is extremely, extremely annoying?

And the chicken sandwich was awesome. :D

Why am I rambling so much? Probably because I'm insane. And jobless, since the boards got over yesterday! :))))). Well there's this pesky little MCQ exam for 20 marks in Science tomorrow, but that is so insignificant it doesn't even matter! I'm all in celebratory mood. My parents restored all my privileges - my phone, my iPod etc. They even gave me my end-of-boards gift! A 10.1 MP Sony Cybershot babyyyyy!!!! My very first digicam! God knows I don't deserve it. I'm very, very, bad with gadgets.

My sister gave me her old digicam and I broke it. The iPod I mentioned in my "privileges being restored" line is my 3rd. Not that my parents would actually get me 3! They got me just one, for my 13th birthday. But I got water in it before my 14th birthday rolled out, so I got a free new one on my warranty. Then that one dropped and broke (who knew iPods were so flimsy?), so I was iPod-less for like more than a year or something. And then, totally out of the blue, these relatives got me one! It was/is a 4th generation Nano, described by Apple reviewers as the fun-nest iPod ever! (Apart from the Touch of course, because that is just God.) And it is! Except for the fact that the charge goes off very quickly. But apart from that, the graphics are just amazing.

Anyway, so like I was saying, I really don't deserve the camera or the iPod. But I have it, so that's what matters right? :P But I solemnly swear, right here on my blog, that I'll fully take care of these two. They're my babies!

The camera was great. It was lying on my table when I got back from my Board centre, all giftwrapped in silver. And my dad had stuck one of my Post-It notes on it. It went - "For Ria. For severe endurance during Boards!!! Love, Baba".

Haha, if it was for "endurance", then it should have gone to Baba! On account of how much I freaked him out during my boards for not studying. :P

Anyway, that's the end of my random rant. ;)
Toodles =)

No comments:

Post a Comment