Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Best Song EVER!

The purpose of this blogpost is to write about the best song I have ever listened to in my entire life. It's called Carnival of Rust and it's by a Finnish rock band called Poets of the Fall, and it is just a god song. There's this guitar solo at the beginning and at the end, which is like my favourite part of it, and it is amazingly haunting. The video of the song is a piece of art too, it's by a director called Tim Burton - and it is just as creepy as the song, it matches the tone of the song completely. I want to say more about it, but words will seriously not do it justice. I wish there was some way I could imprint the melody and Marko Saaresto's (the lead singer's) powerful voice on paper (or, as the case is, on screen), but all I can do is write about it. And maybe link you to the video on YouTube. I was so taken by this song, that I decided to download POTF's entire discography using BitTorrent - and I got 3 albums, plus one solo Marko Saaresto album. The solo album was crap, which went to show that POTF is not a one-man show. Marko's amazing voice would be nothing if it wasn't supplemented by Olli's guitar genius and keyboardist Captain. The songs in the 3 albums were, of course, amazing, but nowhere near Carnival of Rust quality. But Poets of The Fall has totally upped the list to become my favourite band, beating Savage Garden, Green Day and Panic! At The Disco. Other songs by it are also on my "Top Rated" playlist on iTunes. :)
Listen. And love.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRVrQsdWDds

9 comments:

  1. Can I just say I completely agree? It is such a gorgeous song. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah carnival of rust IS an awesome song. and i THOUGHT the video was tim burton-esque! i didn't know he actually directed the video!

    i really liked revolution roulette too, it sort of grows on you.

    PS- naumi's baaack! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. You like RR? I don't! AT ALL!
    and i knoww! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. i luv this song too.. but i havnt listened to any oder songs by POTF... my brother jus gave me this song.. lol :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey ash(love)westlife.. do i know you? because u follow 2 of my friends' blogs too, so i was wondering..

    and yeah u should listen to their other songs too!! theyre awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BLOODY....theres no guitar solo..=/ at the beginning thats jus an AMAZING (READ SHIT AMAZING) guitar part no1 cud hav tot of b4 them...not a solo....but a brilliant piece guitar work either way :D

    guess hu? xD

    ReplyDelete
  7. =) hu else?!?! :D....and in case u din notice in the song the guitar part runs thruout the song...and not only the beginning and ending :D:D:D

    ReplyDelete
  8. i figured from the "xP"s :P
    and yeah i know but it's REALLY prominent in the beginning and the end
    and yeah sorry it isnt a solo.. not guitarist genius like u :P

    ReplyDelete